December 18, 2009, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) released a draft of new gTLDs intention program, and in March 2011 formally approved the implementation of the new gTLDs scheme.
April 2012, China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) filed officially application to ICANN for .公司(company) and .网络(network) being written to root DNS of global internet.
According to the “Notice of Chinese Internet Domain System” issued by the former Ministry of Information Industry (now the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology), as Chinese Internationalized Domain Names(IDN), the registration services of .公司 and .网络 got already available for mainland Chinese users.
January 21, 2014, per ICANN’s approvement, Chinese IDN of .公司 and .网络 were officially written to root DNS of global internet and became accessible worldwide.
In order to maintain the normal domain registration order after .公司 and .网络 being rooted to ICANN, and to safeguard national and social public interests, based on ICANN’s regulations about new gTLD registration, CNNIC announced “.公司 and .网络 domain registration and service adjustment” as follows:
1. Suspend .公司 and .网络 domain registration service from 2014-1-21 6:00 PM (GMT+8)
2. Set Sunrise period for the new gTLDs of .公司 and .网络
3. Whois query service of .公司 and .网络 will operate as normal
4. Renewal/Transfer service of the existing .公司 and .网络 domain names will operate as normal
5. Specific time about the Sunrise starting will be further noticed
CNNIC Accredited Registrar