1&2 Character and 3&4 Numeric .Asia Domains Available Soon
NiceNIC.NET – ICANN & .ASIA Accredited Registrar
DotAsia announced today(2013-07-24 14:35:37) the release of, never before registered, 1&2 character and 3&4 numeric .Asia domains. Premium domains such as ‘8.asia’, ’28.asia’, and ‘X.asia‘, will be available for registration based on a multi-phase release plan starting from July 30th, 2013, while 3&4 numeric domains such as ‘2013.asia’, ‘888.asia’, and ‘777.asia’ will be up for grabs through auctions starting August 2013.
We have selected Rightofthedot.COM as our partner to help the registry facilitate and manage the release process and auctions. In tandem with this email, we have also put out a press release regarding the launch process, as well as announcement of this new partnership. You can read more about it here.
Of the collection of 1&2 character .Asia domains, 133 domains are currently “parked” by the registry and forwarded to our partner, Rightofthedot’s parking pages to solicit interest and leads. 73 domains representing Asia Pacific ccTLDs are reserved and require government consensus for activation, and 8 domains are reserved for registry use. Please see here for a complete list of parked, reserved and other 1&2 character domains.
How to Apply for Premium 1&2 Character .Asia Domains
Please submit SR1 application through EPP(NiceNIC.NET – ICANN & .ASIA Accredited Registrar) to apply for 1&2 character .Asia domains. During the Sunrise and Landrush period, the 133 parked domains will be un-parked and freed up for SR1 command application along with the rest of the group.
PLEASE NOTE, once the registry opens for Sunrsie and Landrush for the 1&2 character domains (duration approx 2 weeks, see below for detailed dates), these domains will come up as “available” during domain check to allow for SR1 submissions. However, they will NOT be available for registration through the general availability process. A possible quick solution may be to put these domain names on a registrar in-house “reserved name list” during the time of Sunrise and Landrush so that the domains do not come up accidentally as “available” during regular customer domain check.
1&2 Character Policies and Release Process
The 1&2 character premium .Asia domains will be released through four segments: the Pioneer Domains Program, Sunrise, Landrush and Public Auctions Phases. Please review 1&2 character release policy here.
1&2 Character Release Dates
Pioneer Domains Program
Opening: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Closing: Thursday, October 17, 2013
Sunrise (approx 1 week)
Opening: Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013
Closing: Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013
Landrush (approx 1 week)
Opening: Tuesday, Nov 5, 2013
Closing: Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013
Public Auctions Phase
Opening: Tuesday, Dec 3, 2013
* More information available on the Public Auctions at a later date
1&2 Character Associated Fees
Pioneer Domains Program
- Application Fee (non-refundable): US$5,000 (each proposal will require an application fee and prior acknowledgment and acceptance of relevant terms and conditions, as well as be subjected to a Pioneer Challenge Process)
- Marketing Deposit of US$10,000 upon successful application (applicant will need to spend US$10,000 on promoting the domain in order to receive refund on the marketing deposit).
- Application Fee: US$1,000 (non refundable)
- Single application, non contested: US$1,000 + $20 two-year registration fee
- Multiple applications, auction domain: US$1,000 + Auction fee + $20 two- year registration fee
- No Application Fee
- Single application: $1,000 + $20 two-year registration fee
- Multiple applications, auction domain: Auction Fee (note starting bid at $1,000) + $20 two-year registration fee
3&4 Numeric .Asia domains
3&4 character numeric .Asia domains are available via public auctions only. These domains are not available for registration via EPP commands. More information on the 3&4 Numeric .Asia domain auctions at a later date.
DotAsia Organisation Ltd
http://NiceNIC.NET – ICANN & .ASIA Accredited Registrar